Is your website is hacked? Ho, common! Don’t be surprised. Any website can get hacked easily irrespective of the build. Not to worry, Yellostack is here with the steps to fix a hacked website with the essential security measures to get rid of hacking issues.
Here the victim is “The Website”, which may be owned by an individual or a concern. As per the statistics survey, the most popular websites are at a high risk of getting hacked. Hackers target famous websites either to spoil the business or break the brand’s reputation & trust. At times, companies use hackers or cyber attackers to spy on their business competitors.
How to identify if your website is hacked?
If you find any Malicious code on the website then it can be confirmed that your website is hacked, then the first thing we advise you to do is
Take it to a specialist (Contact Yellostack) if you are not a pro.
1. Remove Malware
2. Check for Virus from Server
3. Buy website protection tools
4.Block unwanted & Malicious Bots
5.Ensure security of website users data
The above essential steps prevent further hacking of website resource.
Steps to follow if your website is hacked:
1. Check and Contact Hosting Provider. There is a great chance of getting hacked when using shared Hosting. In this case, inform the host admin and ask them to check for hacking.
2. The server host empowers you to regain the complete ownership of your website, which makes your website completely normal.
3. The host can effectively remove the redirection to the unsavoury site.
4. Change all confidential user ids and passwords.
5. Inform about the website been hacked to the colleagues, users and request them to change the login in and password details as well.
6. Backup the essential files without any delay.
7. Check the “.htaccess” code and use this file to divert the visitors fro the hacked web resource to a malicious code installed website.
8. Update the CMS to the latest version.
9. Delete all files in the server in case you are unable to identify the malicious code hidden in the database of your server. Don’t worry, you can take a backup later.
10. Restore the website from scratch.
Secure the website in the first phase, helps to prevent hacking issues easily. Hacking is a common syndrome and the website admin should be skilled and equipped to handle the situation as the hackers can damage the web content and the user’s data too.
Are you wonder if your website is really yours or someone else also has access to the database as the owner?
Indications of Website been Hacked:
1. You might see strange activities on your website.
2. More traffic from other countries can be noticed.
3. The redirection of the web site leading to some unknown/illegal web sites
The website should be always secured to build and maintain trust from the users. Yellostack follows various security measures and Offers you the safe and secure solution with steps to fix a hacked website.
Contact us today for Website Security and Database backup in cloud Solutions.